Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bringing the kids to Vegas.

We are planning a 2 week trip next winter to the southwest. We fly from Toronto to Vegas and visit California (and Disneyland) for 8 nights and spend the last 5 nights at TI. We plan to see the Grand Canyon and many sights, but we are also going to show them the strip and spend some time at TI%26#39;s beautiful pool. My wife and I are Vegas regulars, but we%26#39;ve never taken the kids. Are we wrong to want to take them here? I love Vegas and think it has so much to offer. Appretiate your thoughts.



Bringing the kids to Vegas.


You mention a ';winter'; visit but also say you%26#39;re going to ';spend time at TI%26#39;s beautiful pool';. If you really mean a winter visit you need to be aware that it may not (probably not?) be warm enough for swimming.



Bringing the kids to Vegas.


This topic comes up very often.. try the search box for loads of opinions on this, both positive and negative. If you feel that your kids will enjoy Vegas and will not see or experience things that may be inappropriate for them, then go for it. The majority of people here feel it is more suitable for adults, and I can%26#39;t say I totally disagree with them, but there are enough things for children to see in Vegas to keep them satisfied for a few days. Just also be aware that your Vegas experience is sure to be much different with your children in tow.




Looks like Bridgey has been hitting the sauce again...





As far as taking your kids, if you are regulars, you know what you are getting yourselves into. Do your research for family friendly activities and you will be set!




LOL Katylou... I thought the same EXACT thing (hittin%26#39; the sauce again) about the Fan of Bridge comments!





There are certainly things for children to see along the Strip that they can%26#39;t get elsewhere, or which certainly cannot be found all in one place. You would think Fan of Bridge would be aware of them, since she%26#39;s there every month. Unless she never actually ventures out onto the Strip while there...????




Responding to the pool - TI%26#39;s pool is always a hot tub in March. Think the kids will like it for a short break between excursions. We will go early before the partiers get there.



Responding to we know what we are getting into - Yes we do. I think I know Vegas well enough to show my kids the facinating stuff well still being able to relatively avoid most of the bad (or adult anyway).




Holy Crap here we go again....



Seriously, I hope that you and your family have a wonderful time on your vacation and enjoy all that you have planned. I%26#39;m a Disney addict as well as a Vegas addict and I would imagine that if you are a Vegas regular you know what things to take the kiddos to see and enjoy.



Have a wonderful family vacation.




I guess I want to know how our presence there is going to be perceived by people like yourself. I%26#39;ve had mixed feelings when I see kids in Vegas. My opinion varries based on the circumstance and the demeaner of the parents. Just looking for as much info as possible. It may not make me cancel my plans, but it may help me shape them.

No comments:

Post a Comment