Saturday, April 3, 2010

Recommendations for Bistro style restaurants?

I love the ';overrated restaurants'; post. We are going back to Vegas in two weeks. I haven%26#39;t been in 2 years, my husband has had a trip in between. We love bistro type restaurants. We are not into steaks or buffets. We like casual but quality bistro dining..gourmet salads and sandwiches (not deli!), not burgers. We liked a few of the Wolfgang Puck places last time (I am terrible with remembering names). We love the salads at Grand Lux/Cheesecake Factory but are looking for something else. Any suggestions?



Recommendations for Bistro style restaurants?


I think you and I have a different idea of what a bistro is. To me it would be Mon Ami Gabi or even better Bouchon at Venetian.



But based on your ideas I have a couple of recommendations. For lunch Country Club Grill at Wynn makes an incredible steak/mushroom salad. And my wife really likes the prime rib french dip at Raffles in Mandalay Bay.



Recommendations for Bistro style restaurants?


'; A bistro is a small, casual eating establishment known for serving hearty, simple fare along with wine. Bistros originated in France and the United States has adapted the French bistro idea into American bistros. An American bistro is likely to have not only French food, but basic filling foods inspired from other cuisines such as Asian and Italian.';



That said I agree with Bouchon at Venetian. Always wonderful. Moni Ami Gabi is also another one, not in the same league though.



Country Club or Tableau at Wynn are both great choices.



Not on the strip but good is Josettes.



http://www.josettesbistro.com/




I%26#39;d also recommend Olives at Bellagio, fantastic food.




Morels French Steakhouse %26amp; Bistro



Cafe BabaReeba




Thanks all! We are staying at Bellagio and will try Olives, and part of our party is staying at Venetian so we will give Bouchon a try...perfect. May even head across the street to the Paris outdoor restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment