Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stand-out Restaurant for a Special Occasion

Hi



As mentioned on another post, we are coming to Vegas (first time)for our honeymoon at the start of June.



We would like to go one night to a really memorable restaurant - we are not particularly gourmets but appreciate good food and reasonable sized portions! So it might be somewhere with an amazing view, decor, service or whatever that would make it really special for us (as well as the food obviously). Budget not an issue seeing as it would be a one off... We%26#39;ll (probably) be staying at the Bellagio





Any recommendations would be welcomed!





Thanks



Suz



Stand-out Restaurant for a Special Occasion


I would highly recommend Prime at Bellagio. The decor, service, view and food will make it a memorable night. We had an amazing dinner there in February. We used to go off strip to go to Del Friscos and decided to give Prime a shot this trip, and it blew me away. The food was fabulous and the service flawless! Follow up dinner with drinks at the Fontana Bar to watch the Fountain show from the deck.



Stand-out Restaurant for a Special Occasion


Thanks - will check out Prime although might prefer somewhere outside our hotel





Any other recommendations?





Thanks



Suz




We%26#39;re going in July for our wedding/honeymoon. I asked basically this same question, and the overwhelming response was for the Eiffel Tower restaurant. You can ask people about it, or you can check out their website, or search for my previous posts if you%26#39;d like a more personal point of view, as I can%26#39;t speak for it myself. This is the restaurant we have chosen for our special dinner, and it won over Prime and others. A friend of mine went to Prime, and ended up very sick later on. I%26#39;m not saying it was definitely the food, and I%26#39;ve heard wonderful things from all others about Prime. I%26#39;m just saying what happened to her. :)





Have a GREAT time! Congrats!





Tips




I would like to recommend CraftSteak at MGM. OUTSTANDING!




Alize- superb food, service, ambience and a view. It is my favorite restaurant in Vegas. I honestly feel it is so much better than Eiffel Tower or Top of the World. I have eaten at all three on more than one ocassion. TOW and ET have fantastic views but you are paying for the views- not the food.



http://www.andrelv.com/alize/`




Thanks - I was actually thinking maybe of Alize or Eiffel Tower - difficult to choose which, they both look good. Will check out Craftsteak also, that wasn%26#39;t on my list before.





One thing I have noticed in restaurant menus that I%26#39;ve been checking out online is the dominance of seafood appetisers (I can%26#39;t eat seafood) so it might come down to which of these has the most non-fishy options!





Cheers



Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment