Monday, December 12, 2011

Hosts and Customer Service at Harrah's

I have read many posts on here from people thinking that using a host is unnecessary. I would like to share an experience that I just had this afternoon.



My nephew and his wife found a great airfare deal to LV at the end of this month but the flight is on a Saturday. I had given them an offer issued to me for 2 free nights stay at Harrah’s for a friend or family member. When they attempted to book using this offer they were told that are no Sat. night checkin’s (many of us know this), and that the offer could be used on the least expensive nights of any stay.



I called my host at Harrah’s after receiving this info from my nephew just to clarify, and without hesitation, he booked the nights they wanted to stay, comping them the two most expensive nights and reducing the remaining by just about half. Not only that, but he confirmed a “special” luxury, king, nonsmoking room with a view for them as it is their first trip to LV. He seemed very happy to do that for me.



Many negative posts on here lately reg. HET but IMO this is second to none in terms of customer service.



Sooooo, just saying, this particular host went over and above and I really appreciate that.



Hosts and Customer Service at Harrah's


I don%26#39;t read many posts about HET - maybe those mention not using a host. As afr as other properties I arrely, if ever, see a post say a host is unecessary.



For many slot players, at the lower leverl, a host isn;t necessary - since the play doesn%26#39;t warrant one.



If you do have a host, or play that warrants one, we always suggest calling them.



You obviously have a host, and play. Good. The host took a chance that your nephew will gamble - something hosts do at times. I hope it works out for all.



Hosts and Customer Service at Harrah's


You have a very good host at Harrah%26#39;s. This doesn%26#39;t surprise me at all.



I did the same thing last year with my brother when he had a convention to go to and my host comped him 2 nights and reduced the rates for the other 2.



When I get the final count for my 50th birthday trip in July I know that they will do the best that they can for all of my friends that are coming for the party.




“The host took a chance that your nephew will gamble - something hosts do at times. I hope it works out for all.”



I never thought about it that way, was just thinking it was another aspect of the great customer service I have come to know and a show of appreciation for my loyal patronage over the last years.



I have had family members and friends receive comped and reduced room rates over the years when they have been there the same time we visited but have never thought to ask for a favour for someone when I’m not there at the same time. (and I didn’t ask for this, just clarification on the offer).



JackTar, I WAS very surprised at this, have always enjoyed great customer service at Harrah%26#39;s, this was exceptional. Have a great birthday trip, I’m sure your host will do all he/she can to make it special!!




Hosts are paid on the gambling - so yes, your host is taking a chance.



They have limited discretionary comps (especially at HET properties) they can offer in order to build business - each property is different. It%26#39;s a fine line between they offer too much up front, losing play or the guest not palying enough. It%26#39;s all about the ';theo'; - how much $ you are worth to them. It may be that rooms are available, the house isn%26#39;t full, they don%26#39;t have many player%26#39;s in town - making the equation right to extend something to your nephew. Your level may be high enough where your host wants to keep you - he makes $ off of you - and is willing to see if your nephew proves the same.



In the end it%26#39;s about money - always is in LV, and hosts need to earn a living also.



When we are in town and know our level of play will not be our average we don%26#39;t ask for comped rooms - we know it hurts our host. We are glad to pay for rooms and use comps when our play warrants. Our host knows this - will always arrange for shows, dining, some nice touch. Treat your host and they will do the same. A nice token gift (not cash) for your host from your nephew might be appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment