Monday, December 12, 2011

3-day Bus Passes from the Deuce driver.

I thought I had originally read that you can only get the 3-day passes at certain locations. Now, someone mentioned that you can also buy them from the driver. Can anyone verify this?

3-day Bus Passes from the Deuce driver.

Great question since we are interested in this too.

3-day Bus Passes from the Deuce driver.

I just got back on the 1st and you are still only able to buy 24 hour passes from the driver and have to buy the 3 day passes in machines. There is a machine near the bus stop on Fremont and was told there are machines near Venetian and MGM but I did not see those for myself.


The CAT website has the info you need - and if you don%26#39;t see it call CAT.

Believing what ';someone mentioned';, especially if mentioned here on TA, is not a good idea - too much factually incoreect information.

The CAT website lists the locations where you can purchase the pass you desire.


A 3 day pass is also available for 1/2 price ($7.50)for those 62+ years of age.

rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/fares_passes.c…


';A 3 day pass is also available for 1/2 price ($7.50)for those 62+ years of age';

Yes, it is, the website lists all the fares, this is one of them.

Most visitors don%26#39;t have time to apply, and wait for the reduced fare card to be mailed to them.

For anyone who will use CAT on multiple trips applying one trip when you are in town will work - for anyone wanting to use CAT that trip the reduced fare won%26#39;t work.


In Feb. I purchased a 3 day pass at their web site on a Friday and had the card in my mail box (no additional charge) within 5 working days.


';In Feb. I purchased a 3 day pass at their web site on a Friday and had the card in my mail box (no additional charge) within 5 working days.';

Anyone interested in a reduced fare card should call CAT. They say it is incorrect information that you can apply online for this - you must be in person since the card requires your photo.

A good deal if anyone meets the criteris and will be able to use it on subsequent trips. I have friends who have become CAT users - they visit LV on a tight budget and have the sytem to be easy and cheap.


Bridge, I agree, a good deal for sure. The reduced fare card is in fact available on line...within the last 5 mins I purchased another one for my next visit to Las Vegas in May. The caveat is a valid photo id must be available to show to the deuce driver if requested.


I was able to purchase a 24 hour pass from the machines (poster above said it was only available from the driver), and the RTC website also confirms this. See rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/…tvm

Also, I believe there is a machine outside Paris.


Does it matter how far in advance we order these passes, will they still be good? lets say I order them now (April), can I use them in October?

  • dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment