Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tipping the front desk clerk....not the $20 trick

If you politely ask for a room upgrade and receive one should you tip the front desk clerk as a thank you and if so how much? I know lots of people use the ';$20 trick'; but that is not what I am talking about as that is given while asking for the upgrade from my understanding.



Tipping the front desk clerk....not the $20 trick


I%26#39;d still give them $20 and just say ';thank you for your help'; and hand them the $20 after they tell you they upgraded you.



Tipping the front desk clerk....not the $20 trick


I didn%26#39;t ask for the upgrade but I was offered a mini suite at Binions and tipped the guy just $10. I got my $10 worth, believe me!




Depending on the type of up grade any thing from $10 to $50. If you get the same type room, higher floor than $10 is a nice gesture. If you booked a regular room and end up in a suite than $50 might be nice. Tipping is your option and not expected by front desk people. More often than not they get nothing.




I like to tip at the front desk, they are the first people I encounter in LV other than the driver and I%26#39;m always so excited to be there! Our rooms are predetermined at Harrah’s by our host so that is not the issue, but we receive such a warm welcome and feel that they are genuinely happy to see us. Treatment like that is always such a nice way to start the vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment