Saturday, March 27, 2010

flights from kayak and mixed carriers

I%26#39;m looking at flights to LV - yeah! Has anyone used Kayak to book? I%26#39;m looking at a fligt flying Northwest one way and US Air back. Anyone know what problems, if any, this would cause? Maybe this is common, I%26#39;ve just never booked an a domestic flight using two different carriers.





flights from kayak and mixed carriers


Hi





I have used kayak as a search engine. It redirects you to the airline to actually book. I have not used different airlines in the States but it works just fine in europe, so I would not see any problems with that.







Clive



flights from kayak and mixed carriers


You don%26#39;t book flights through Kayak. Kayak redirects you to the website of the airline or the travel website that you actually book through. It%26#39;s just a search engine, nothing more.





I have flown different carriers to and from Vegas and never had a problem. The only thing I%26#39;d be wary of would be trying to make a connection between two carriers. For example, if your flight to Vegas left Michigan on United and connected to USAir in Denver, you might miss the connection if the first flight is late because USAir wouldn%26#39;t know to hold the plane.




Ooohhhh... so it will probably book thru Expedia or Priceline. I%26#39;m assuming this is not an issue. They are direct flights, so no problem with connections. Other than in and out of different terminals in dtw, which is not a problem for me, I guess all else is ok? Thanks.




Nah, no problem with that... you are essentially just booking 2 one-way tickets with each carrier. Rarely is that cheaper than a round-trip ticket, but not impossible. Probably would never have found it without Kayak!




I fly one way on one airline and back on another probably more times than not anymore. Gone are the days where one way tickets are more expensive than 1/2 of a round trip. I travel often and schedule is usually my #1 priority so that is why I book with separate airlines there and back.




Hi





No it will not be through a third party unless you want it to be, there is always a link to book direct with the airline and is usually also the cheapest option.







Clive




Wow - thanks - quick answers. What a great resource here!

No comments:

Post a Comment