Saturday, March 27, 2010

Do you ever ask for a Free Upgrade at Check in?

We%26#39;re staying at the Luxor in July and checking in late on a Sunday night. What are my chances of getting a free upgrade to a nicer room? We are booked in a Deluxe Pyramid room right now for 3 nights.



Do you ever ask for a Free Upgrade at Check in?


';What are my chances of getting a free upgrade to a nicer room? ';





50%. You will either get an upgrade, or you won%26#39;t. :)





Seriously, no one can answer that. The best way to get a better room is to reserve it and pay for it. You can always ask nicely for one, and it helps to know specifically what you%26#39;re asking for, as opposed to ';may I have an upgrade?';.





Be prepared to receive an offer to pay for an upgrade rather than get it for free.



Do you ever ask for a Free Upgrade at Check in?


It all depends on what check in clerk you end up with. You might want to try the ';sandwich';. That is your credit card on top a 20.$ bill in the centre and your picture ID on the bottom. Then kindly ask if there are any complimentary upgrades available. If the Hotel is not a capacity your chances should be fairly good. It does not hurt to tell the clerk that you are celebrating a special occasion, ie. birthday etc. GOOD LUCK




No, I usually do not ask for an upgrade - I reserve the room I want. I frequent a place where I sleep on the ground in a lean-to and a mattress that would every one of us would throw away.



When I can request a specific room that has the creature comforts I desire I reserve it.



Many people do request an upgarde - the front desk personnel are used to it.



No one knows your chances - too many variables.



Ask nicely.




62.79% Chance



http://www.frontdesktip.com/




That site is hysterical...first, it only applies to those who bother to post, so ';62.7%'; isn%26#39;t exactly scientific.





Then, seeing a post like this just makes me crack up, between the incorrect spelling and the solicitation of a bribe by the clerk at the desk...lol.





I%26#39;m sorry that ';old guy'; wasn%26#39;t able to get them an upgrade to a ';suit';, but at least they weren%26#39;t herded into anything. :)





';My boyfriend and me went to spend a weekend and decided to stay hear. We had herd about the 20 dollar tip and decided to try it. When we arrived we first got and old guy he was around 50 and my boyfriend tried it he looked around but said he couldn%26#39;t help us and gave us our money back. When we went up to our room it was a mess!! So we went back down and this time we got a younger guy, my boyfriend decided to try it again and they guy looked around on the computer and said for an extra 20 he could get us the spa suit!!';




Bridge, I couldn%26#39;t picture you older than you have a child older than 50. You seem so active, which is a very good thing. Good for you. hope your children are doing good. Vegas keeps you young at heart. gotta love Vegas.




I would think that your chances would be pretty good considering you are arriving on a Sunday in July.




Just because someone has a kid over 50, it does not mean they are necessarily at an age one might think. When my brother turns 50, my mother will be 66. When my oldest niece turns 50, my sister-in-law will only be 65. :)





That is funny that someone thought the 50 year old was an old guy!




You really want it? Pay for it. Pretty simple rally.

No comments:

Post a Comment